Board meeting Oct 07, 2014
From Free Geek Toronto
AGENDA - 7pm - Tues, Oct 7 - 180 Sudbury St
Please add your questions/updates.
- Call to order at 7:05pm
- Approval of Agenda (2min)
- Adoption of minutes from Aug Board meeting - please read the draft Aug 26 minutes before the meeting (5min)
- Election of new Board positions and determining Streams ("A" expiring in even years and "B" expiring in odd years) (15min)
- "B" stream (entering 2nd year of 2-year term) - Rob Wendolowski, Dan King, Matt Price
- 6 more elected - 1 or 2 should go in the "B" stream, expiring in 2015 such that we will have 5 directors in 1 stream and 4 in the other.
- To be determined - Noah Goldstein, Brian Sharwood, Kynan Cheng, Mark Lane, Tommy Lieu, Dave Waddling
- Elect Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary
- Please post or send Noah a note if you are interested in any position or would like more information.
- Offer of Larry to do a seminar to interested directors on Board responsibilities and procedure.
- Finance update - Kynan/Larry/Brian (10min)
- Review of projections
- Anything else?
- Grants/funding/partnerships/etc (20min)
- Trillium - submitted and pending response
- Shannon to relate Funding plan
- Operations Update - Shannon(/etc) (25min)
- Update on plans to make operations efficient, effective (getting the right people in the right spots, individual contributors, leaders, committees, etc)
- Recycling operations committee update (S/Dana/Dan/Larry)
- Marketing committee update (S/Brian)
- Any ability to start a school program, leveraging Dan's course?
- Education/Community hub, etc update (S/Brian/Matt)
- Refurbishment progress (S/Dana)
- Any need for more formal operations advisory committee or something like that?
- Strategic planning committee - Dan/Larry (5min)
- Members/Community Communication (10min)
- Regular brief newsletter? Other ideas?
- Wiki, google drive, etc?
- Update on conforming with new not for profit act - Rob, Noah and Larry (5min)
- Other items?