Board meeting Aug 26, 2014
From Free Geek Toronto
AGENDA - 7pm - 180 Sudbury St
Please add your questions/updates.
- Meet and Greet (30min)
- Our new ED, Shannon Cummings
- Potential another person interested in the Board (Rob - please add info if she will be coming)
- Call to order at 7:30pm
- Approval of Agenda (2min)
- Adoption of minutes from Jan - July Board meetings - please all read the minutes sent out by Rob yesterday before the meeting so we can run through this efficiently (15min)
- Communication plan for new ED
- AGM planning (10min)
- Notice to members
- Any new volunteers who should be offered membership applications?
- AGM agenda
- Reserve party room at 180 Sudbury for AGM?
- Six Board positions up for election (Noah, Tommy, Kynan end their stream A term)
- Potential Board additions - specific people in mind, skills we need and places to post.
- Finance update - Kynan/Larry/Brian (10min)
- Review of projections
- Final 51 Vine payment - received!
- Anything else?
- Grants/funding/partnerships/etc (Brian, Noah, Dan) (10min)
- Trillium, Alterna and Pioneer+TO - submitted and pending response
- Any other updates?
- Operations Update - Brian/Dana/Matt (20min)
- Update on progress of building committees and work of volunteers like Dave Waddling and Mark Lan
- Recycling operations committee update (Dana/Dan/Larry)
- Marketing committee update (Brian)
- Education/Community hub, etc update (Brian/Matt/Shannon)
- Refurbishment progress (Dana)
- Helping Shannon integrate (include operations advisory committee?)
- Strategic planning committee - Dan/Larry (5min)
- Update on conforming with new not for profit act - Noah and Larry
- Other items
- In camera Board priorities (if necessary)